I have been really worried lately about someone important in my life. I know I should be doing something to help them. I also know that the help will be rejected and maybe destroy the relationship I have with this person. Its one of those situations they always tell you about in school where you should step in to make sure the person you love does not destroy their life. It always sounds so easy when they explain it. But in reality it is the hardest thing you could possibly do. On one hand you can leave it alone and hope that the situation works itself out. On the other hand if you don't do anything a person's life could be compromised. Are people responsible for their own choices, or do we have an obligation to step in when they are being led astray? If so, you risk rejection, hatred and estrangement. In the end if the situation is resolved, it is all worth it. But if nothing changes, you have just lost someone close to you. There is a chance however that the implications may not last forever. My moral sense tells me that at all costs you should help the people you love. Its much easier said than done however. What to do?
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh shoot. I'm not too sure what to say, because I don't know who you're talking about. But I hope it's alright. From Jess
I will fill you in, dont worry. I just dont want to name names on the internet.
Post a Comment