Recently some events in my life have compelled me to question my way of living and my path in life. For the most part I have had the blessing to be able to reaffirm the path I am on now, and more than ever before I am extremely grateful for the life I lead. However, I have questioned some conflicting views that I have been told my entire life. Many people have told me to plan for the future and make sure you have every door open for you. Others say that you should live each day as if it were your last and live it to its fullest. When you look at these two statements side by side it seems that they can never exist in harmony together. How can you plan for the future, while living today as if it were your last? And how can you live each day to the fullest, without destroying plans for the future? It makes my head spin to think about it. How can you live life in a happy medium? In the end I always seem to come to the same conclusion. I will live today to the best of my ability, keep my health in mind for the future, resolve conflicts before tomorrow, be mindful of my imprint on the people I touch, spend time with someone I love and live my dreams to reasonable means.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
very insightful
Great plan =) I think that that's all you can do. And a better way to think of the 'Live every day as your last thing' could be more 'No regrets' you know? That's how I think of it. For example why not tell the truth when someone really wants your opinion even if you know they won't agree. Sorry this is turning into my own mini blog. Anyways love you
B
Post a Comment